Makeup Hair and More | #Photoshoot #Makeup #Hair
Here are a few tips to prepare for your session:
Before your Session
- Wash your face twice a day in the weeks leading up to your session, and be sure to exfoliate your face 3-5 days prior to your session. Please don’t be concerned about minor breakouts. If your acne is more severe, you’re still okay.
- Arrive to your session with a freshly cleaned and moisturized face, if you are having your makeup professionally done.
- Ensure that your eyebrows have been waxed at least one week prior to your session (Do not wax them the day of or the day prior to your session)
- If you are applying your own makeup, keep in mind that eye colors should be matte. Even though you may wear shimmery shadow on a daily basis, anything shiny or shimmery tends to look oily on photographs. Mascara is a must, and don’t be shy!!!
- Lips – Natural or vivid? Either works, but try starting with a slightly colored neutral tone for the first half of the photo session, then turn it up for vivid color! Avoid super shiny lip glosses since the reflections can be difficult to photograph.
- Don’t forget your nails! Ensure your nails are at their best by getting a fresh manicure prior to your session – the best looks are either natural, French, or nude.
- Be sure to get your hair trimmed – and colored touched up if needed – approximately 1 week prior to your session.
Things to AVOID
- Mineral make up looks amazing in person, but the high reflective qualities make your face appear flat or causes shine and glare which causes skin to appear oily. Try a matte foundation and powder for a flawless photographic face.
- Don’t tan for at least 2 weeks prior to your session (any type) too much color flattens your skin in pictures and can look splotchy, orange, and add weight.
- Don’t change your hairstyle more than 2 weeks prior to your session.
- Don’t bring wrinkled clothes to your session.
- If there are areas that you are uncomfortable with, don’t bring clothes that draw attention to those areas – for example, if you do not ‘love’ your arms, do not bring strapless or sleeveless items.
For Inspiration, visit my pinterest board:
Pinterest page for makeup https://www.pinterest.com/kristiaguirre/fresh-faces/
Pinterest page for hair
Pinterest page for what to wear